If you were harmed in a bicycle accident caused by a negligent car driver, motorcycle rider, or even a poorly maintained road or sidewalk, you can file a personal injury lawsuit to recover financial damages. Your financial compensation should cover all of the expenses and negative effects incurred by the accident.
Albrecht Law Offices have been handling bicycle accident cases for over a decade. Albrecht Law Offices can assist you by negotiating on your behalf out of court or by representing you during trial.
Depending on the details of your bicycle accident, it might seem clear that a car driver was to blame for your accident. Whether your case seems clear-cut or complicated, we will need to prove the negligence of the at-fault driver.
Our firm will investigate your accident and gather the evidence needed to build a strong case. Useful evidence may include all of the following items:
- Video surveillance footage and photographs
- Eyewitness statements
- Cell phone records
- Accident reports filed with the police
- Medical records and statements from doctors
- Additional evidence gathered at the scene
Receiving Medical Care
If you do not have insurance or are underinsured, call to schedule a free consultation. We may be able to negotiate a delayed billing plan so that you can receive the care you need now.
Compensation for Bicycle Accident Injuries
Given how exposed cyclists are, the chances of suffering a major injury during an accident are high. It is critical not to settle your case too quickly, however. There needs to be a full understanding of how your injuries have impacted your life.
Your bicycle accident lawyer will help you make this evaluation so that you can get the most compensation possible for your injuries. For example, you may be entitled to compensation for all of the accident-related expenses detailed below:
- Medical Bills – Both current medical bills and future medical treatments should be included when calculating the value of your claim.
- Lost Wages and Income – If you have lost wages due to being unable to work or needing to take time off, you could recover those wages through a settlement or by going to court.
- Transportation Expenses – Whether you have to pay for public transportation or just need to recover the costs of going to and from your medical appointments, transportation costs may be recovered during your trial.
- Caregiver Expenses – If you have had to hire help for assistance around the house or caring for your children while you recover, you could be entitled to reimbursement.
- Additional Therapies – The cost of rehabilitation appointments, physical therapy, and alternative treatments such as acupuncture may all be recovered.
- Pain and Suffering – You can seek restitution for all of the ways that your injuries have impacted you mentally and emotionally.
Consult With a Bicycle Accident Lawyer
You can depend on Albrecht Law Offices to provide you with sound legal representation and to give you the best chance possible for successfully settling your injury claim. If you were injured in a bike accident, send an email or call 312-983-7000 to speak with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer.