If your motorcycle wreck was caused by another driver’s negligence, work with Albrecht Law Offices. We will fight hard to win you the compensation you need to move past this traumatic experience.
There are many dangers on the road for all drivers, regardless of vehicle type, but when you’re riding a motorcycle, these dangers are magnified. Even if you’re a safe motorcyclist and follow the rules of the road, you can still be seriously injured by a car or other vehicle.
You’re unprotected on a motorcycle—that’s the nature of the ride—so your injuries are likely to be more severe even in what might be considered a minor accident for a car or truck. The following is a list of some of the leading causes of motorcycle crashes:
- Speeding – Speeding is a leading cause of wrecks of all vehicle types, but the danger of being seriously injured in a motorcycle wreck is far greater than in other two-vehicle collisions.
- Distracted Driving – Cell phones and other distractions continue to endanger all drivers on the road. Motorcyclists are already difficult for drivers to see, even when they’re paying attention, but motorcyclists are particularly difficult to see if other drivers’ eyes are on their Facebook pages and not on the road.
- Unsafe Road Conditions – Many people take for granted the road they drive on each day, expecting it to always be clear of debris and safe for their daily commute. Motorcyclists need to be very aware of which roads are safe for travel because what is one little bump in the road for a four-wheeled vehicle could cause a serious crash for a motorcyclist.
- Drunk Driving – Intoxicated driving is a very serious risk to motorcyclists. The reaction time of a drunk driver is slowed, which could mean a collision. Drunk drivers might swerve unexpectedly into your lane, causing you to overcorrect; they may not see you at all; or they might not see a signal turn red.
- Failure to Signal or Improper Lane Changing – Failure to signal or changing lanes without warning is extremely dangerous to motorcyclists. If you’re not able to anticipate what other drivers are going to do, you could easily be sideswiped, or you could run into a vehicle that has suddenly pulled out in front of you.
- Failure to Follow Traffic Signals – Running through a red light or failing to stop at a stop sign is incredibly dangerous to motorcyclists and could even be deadly.
Work with an Illinois Motorcycle Crash Attorney
Being involved in a motorcycle collision can be a life-altering event, and you deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. We will fight to see that you’re fully compensated for the motorcycle crash you didn’t cause. Contact Albrecht Law Offices online or over the phone at 312-983-7000 for help.